It is a goal of every person to live long and in achieving this healthy living is a must. You have to be conscious on what you eat, drink and take time to exercise regularly. But in as much as every person would like to attain this goal there are circumstances wherein busy schedule, vices and even family background and practices hinder the success of having a sound mind and body. You will be surprised that in such a young age some people are starting to develop illnesses such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol levels and cancers or have gained so much weight primarily because of unhealthy lifestyle.
Because of this they are required to start taking medications for a certain amount of time or during their entire lifespan. These days, fat or overweight individuals are more prone to these illnesses. This can be a way for them to look for diet options that will suit them especially for those people who are obliged to lose weight or detoxify. This can be hard work but many testify that a massive change in lifestyle can have a significant impact in your overall health.
7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet
One of the most popular forms of detox diet is the 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet (read at freddevan.com). It is designed for a person to lose weight fast while following a program, which consists mainly of high fiber homemade cabbage soup that is low in calories that you can eat in unlimited amounts during the day. You can also eat certain fruits and vegetables according to the program. It is cheap and easy to prepare but is this diet advisable for people with certain health conditions?
Risks of the 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet
If you want to lose weight and considering the 7 day Cabbage Soup Diet, there will be risks involved depending on the disease or illness and the type of medication that you are taking. This diet is considered as a fad or crash diet and you seriously need to consult your doctor or a trusted health practitioner before proceeding. This diet doesn’t offer all the nutrients that your body needs in order to function correctly and thus, it may pose more problems instead of helping.
- For diabetics, this diet can be dangerous for you because it can cause a fluctuation in your blood glucose level. Even if you take Metformin or other blood sugar maintenance drugs, this isn’t enough to give you energy to last you for the whole day, what more during the week. You may experience the following: headaches, dizziness, irritability, drop in metabolism and sugar levels, and tremendous drop in energy level
- For people with heart problems and taking beta blockers, this regime can weaken your heart and may not give the energy, vitamins and minerals that you need in order to keep your heart function correctly. This diet is not recommended for the faint-hearted but if you urgently need to lose weight, you can discuss this with your doctor.
Benefits of the 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet
There may be benefits.
- For people who are have hypertension and taking antihypertensive medication such as ACE inhibitors, beta blockers or diuretics, this diet is well suited for you but you only have to do it strictly for 7 days – no more than that. Considering this diet for a long term is not a good idea because you will be deprived of the nutrients that your body needs. Also remember to consult your doctor before starting the program. This can help shed off pounds, making you feel lighter and in turn regulating blood flow.
- For people who have high cholesterol levels and are taking statins, the 7-Day Cabbage Soup Diet can be an avenue for you to normalize your cholesterol levels. Loading up on high fiber vegetables and fruits and taking time out from salty and high fat foods, it can give you a lighter feeling and can lower your cholesterol levels as well.
- For people who have kidney or liver damage, this is highly recommended because this is can help expel toxins out of your body and lose weight in the process. This can be a way for you to start eating right and focus on fruits and vegetables after the program.
This diet can really help you lose 5-10 pound in a week and make you feel good about yourself. Since you know what exactly goes in your soup, it is possible that your sugar, cholesterol and blood levels can normalize. But you have to take note that a program that can be good for you may not be beneficial for another person. If you are under medication, strict medical professional discretion is advised. In the long run, you have to work hard and maintain a healthy lifestyle. It should be noted that discipline and motivation can make any diet a success. Yes, you have to strive hard to sustain it. You will not regret it because this can be your way of living the rest of your life worry and possibly medication free.